• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print as Booklet

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document that was created in CS 5 in 2012. It was designed to be printed as a booklet on 8 1/2 x 11 paper. It won't print as a booklet in the newest InDesign only as a Letter size document. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Esport as PDF with single pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I get when I do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain further. What is the size of your pages? 5.5" x 8.5"?

Even the current InDesign has the Print Booklet feature under the File menu (at the bottom); Are you using this?

If so, and it's not working, what exacatly is happening? Any messages?

The more you can tell us the better.

Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like the size of the pages to be 5.5 x 8.5 but the only way I can get it to print is 8 1/2 x 11 double sided. If  I change the settings to Half Letter, the copy goes wonky. If I try to Print Booklet, it squeezes the text and pictures into the middle of the page. I can get it to print as a booklet but the front and back pages print as Letter size not as facing pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looking at your file, it is setup as 7" x 8.5" pages, so I think you meant it to be a booklet printed on Legal-size paper, not Letter.

The usual suggestion is to PDF the individual pages, then use Acrobat's Booklet feature to print onto your Legal sheets. This has some drawbacks in that it tends to reduce pages to fit within the printable area of page.

InDesign's built-in Booklet Printing module should do what you want if you are printing directly to your printer... just select Legal instead.

If you are getting this printed at a copyshop, they would prefer individual pages as well as they will have the means to booklet it properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines