Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Booklet printing some pages blank

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,
I'm trying to print a 20-page booklet as a pdf using the Print Booklet feature. 
I'm getting blank pages on two of the spreads (18,3 and 14,7), only trim marks are showing up.
error.jpg
In the preview window seems everything fine, so there must be something happening during exporting/flattening process. 

preview.jpg
When i'm exporting the file the usual way (File>Export...) the pdf comes out fine but not in the order that is needed for saddle stich booklet printing . I'm just having this issue with the Print Booklet feature. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

You were very clear.

You cannot export a PDF using print booklet. You can only print to pdf or postscript and distill. Those are not even close to being the same thing.

There are zero reasons to have to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find another printer. Imposition is their job.

If you're doing this in house, either print directly to the printer or export a PDF and use Acrobat's booklet feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry,  I propably didn't explain myself correctly.
I meant that when i export the pdf using Print Booklet feature, the exported pdf has some pages blank.
But I didn't know about Acrobat's booklet feature! I used it and got the result I wanted!

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were very clear.

You cannot export a PDF using print booklet. You can only print to pdf or postscript and distill. Those are not even close to being the same thing.

There are zero reasons to have to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you should export the PDF as usual from InDesign, then use Acrobat Pro to print as booklet.

😉

Acrobat_r86T0B1mVF.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Acrobat booklet feature, but somehow Acrobat doesn't want to send to my printer queue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem also when create a brochure as the facing pages which one page is a blank page, then InDesign cannot sort the page perfectly after export a PDF through Print as a Booklet... please see my sample attached. 

The reason I frequently use the Facing Page due to easy to sort a page base on number which for the facing page print as booklet should be have minimun 4 pages then Print as a Booklet to create a PDF with Print & Crop Mark to print in commercial printing facility.Bug Print as Booklet.jpgSample Desain a Brochure.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Print a Booklet as PDF with correct sort page even with the same layout which page 6 & 7 is facing page and page 7 contain a blank page, no issue after print as a booklet (I use another app.).

I hope from Adobe InDesign Technical Support can assist as to solve this issue.

Thank you for the kind attention.

Best regard,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry forgot to attach a screenshot the correct PDF layout.No Issue for the page sort as facing pages.jpg

This Print a Booklet as PDF with correct sort page even with the same layout which page 6 & 7 is facing page and page 7 contain a blank page, no issue after print as a booklet (I use another app.).

I hope from Adobe InDesign Technical Support can assist as to solve this issue.

Thank you for the kind attention.

Best regard,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi@handjojot17224968 ,

you could also try a script by Rob Day to get a booklet out of your InDesign pages. It adds a new InDesign document where the InDesign pages of your source document are placed in booklet order and that also exports a PDF with your PDF Export (Print) settings:

See this post:

Booklet printing in Indesign
rob day, Oct 07, 2021
https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/booklet-printing-in-indesign/m-p/12438055#M44796...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines