Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Print Booklet reordering pages

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to print student comic books. We are using 15.0.1 on iMacs with Catalina. They have 12 pages total (6 spreads) with pages 2, 11 and 12 blank. When I go to Print Booklet, with "Print Blank Pages" checked, it reorders the pages. Instead of the usual 12/1, 2/11, 10/3, 4/9, 8/5 and 6/7, it changes them to blank/3, 4/blank, blank/5, 6/12, 10/7, 8/9. I tried numbering the blank pages so that I could know which was which. As soon as I put in a number, it ordered them correctly in the preview. So I turned the numbers to paper (white) thinking that would solve it. As soon as the numbers were not visible, it went back to the incorrect numbering again. I tried other colors for the blank page numbers and they are fine. It seems to only not read a visibly "blank" page. This is happening the same on multiple computers with multiple files, yet I printed another class's books a week ago. I don't simply want to export to Acrobat as that doesn't teach the students anything about InDesign and doesn't really solve the issue. Ideas on causation, repair or workarounds? (Thanks!)

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that this particular student ordered it opposite for Manga style which is why pages 1, 2 and 11 are blank.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On blank pages, place a white frame so technically it is no longer blank.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export a proper PDF, open it in Acrobat or Reader and use the booklet feature there.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your copier will allow, and has a booklet feature choose print in InDesign, then choose booklet feature on the copier.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works for me when I go to Print settings> Print blank pages (Mac, version 16.1). You may be selecting Print blank printer spreads?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines