• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing Booklet w/cover page, blank, collate option for application collate not available anymore

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a job that is a yearly thing to print Kindergarten packets. I created the InDesign with the pdf files, 76 pages (including cover) and a few months ago had no problem choosing the option to pull the blank cover from tray 2, pages are set up on letter to print magazine style on tabloid...and under finishing option the collate would let me choose application collate, where I used rotating collate and it would offset each booklet set (cover/guts). Now, it does not allow me to choose Application Collate, it is on Printer collate. The printer is a Savin or Ricoh MP C4503 using a PCL driver. Now, I have to unselect the cover sheet to get it to allow the Application to collate.

TOPICS
Feature request , Performance , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Well, I was assuming choosing Application collate meant I wanted it to collate via InDesign, not the printer’s preference. Either way, I used to be able to do so a few months ago, and now, it will not put the cover with the guts, even if I choose regular collate and make sure the collate box in the first printer dialog box is checked. It now puts the cover (it does pull it from whatever tray I specify) about 3/8 of an inch offset of the guts. If I am stuck with this now, it will help, but I’d ra

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you may seemingly be accessing those features by springboarding from the InDesign Print dialog, this is quite clearly not an InDesign problem. Application Collate is surely a printer feature, as opposed to an InDesign feature. Of course your description can only be deep enough to allow for a wild guess that the machine (and therefore its driver), is failing to detect the cover stock in Tray 2, (or recognize its cover stock designation).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I was assuming choosing Application collate meant I wanted it to collate via InDesign, not the printer’s preference. Either way, I used to be able to do so a few months ago, and now, it will not put the cover with the guts, even if I choose regular collate and make sure the collate box in the first printer dialog box is checked. It now puts the cover (it does pull it from whatever tray I specify) about 3/8 of an inch offset of the guts. If I am stuck with this now, it will help, but I’d rather it offset about an inch or so of each set, like it used to do. I have one of the technicians who work on the printer in the process of researching why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines