• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing Each Page Double-Sided

Explorer ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to have a multiple page document and print double-sided but have each page print on both sides of a single page?

So for example, I have a document that is 10 pages and I want 1 sheet of paper to have page 1 on side 1 and side 2, the next sheet print page 2 on side 1 and side 2, etc...

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is possible to print does not depend on InDesign, but on yo9ur printer and the printer driver.

I recommend to export first a PDF and print from Acrobat as InDesign does not so well with many printers, but Acrobat does. Normally Acrobat supports all available funcitonalities of the printer if the correct printer driver is choosen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will export the PDF and work in Acrobat but do you happen to know how to set this up in Acrobat or what this method is called?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When your printer is able to print double sided you will see it in the print dialog in Acrobat. Depending on the printer and its driver the dialog looks quite different. Go to print and choose the functionality your printer provides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problems printing double-sided, it's just this method of printing each single page double-sided that I am not familiar with as even being any option anywhere. Rather than having to duplicate each page in InDesign or Acrobat I was hoping there would be an easier method I was not aware of. Thank you for your responses but I am still searching for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no standard printing method that will do this, from within InDesign, Acrobat or any print driver I've ever encountered. 

The only way to accomplish this is to actually duplicate the pages in the file (which might be easiest in a PDF), or to simply print the stack twice. 

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines