• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing Issue Blue Line

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A while back I did a project in InDesign. All went very smoothly, everything looked nice, I exported the jpg file from InDesign and moved on. Then, I decided I wanted to print this project. I took it to a professional photo printing shop and it came out like the image below. There is a blue line on the left side of the peice. This blue line did not show up on the jpg image I exported from InDesign, nor did it show up in InDesign while I was working on it. Can someone please help? I wanted to give this as a gift. 

Thank you. IMG_6464.jpeg

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not without seeing the file, but why are you exporting to JPG instead of PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see there is a blue glow on the left column of images. If it’s not in the exported image, then it’s likely a printer problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with both Rob and Bob. First thiung is to ask the printer to look at the jpeg on screen again and reprint the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Printing issue.

Looks like their printer was sitting unused for awhile, and there was some contamination in the jets which worked itself out as the print progressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I concur with everyone else, if it's not in the image or the original files then it's a printing issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines