Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing to Canon 4000 from InDesign and is color wrong

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,
I use InDesign to make print templates for my print shop.

I have all my Adobe CC apps color synchronized through Bridge, and all of my equipment color managed and calibrated using X-Rite software/hardware.

I scan to raw format & embed "Pro Photo" RGB space in all my photoShop files, and when I print from photoShop, color is spot on. When printing the same placed image in InDesign, the color is drastically different.

I have followed this exact same workflow in my old studio using a windows machine and all was good.

I've recently moved my shop into my house and am working on a Mac, and the slight difference in workflow is messing somrthing up. 

Has anyone experienced similar behavior?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show / attach photos of the output - i know colour will not be right in the photos but to see just how much it is off ?

When printing are you making a PDF and then printing or just printing from indesign ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the ProPhoto profile embedded and is InDesign honoring the profile? With the image selected check Link Info’s ICC Profile.

Screen Shot 7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Regardless of your Bridge settings, what have you specified when you Print ( Print > Color Management). Also, check your Printer in the Print dialog and make sure all the settings there are appropriate for your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines