• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem adjusting and layering the document in inDesign versions after 2019

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I need your help! I have the 2021 version, the latest version of inDesign, and I have a problem since I don’t have the option «Activate Adjustment to the Layout» in the Margins and Columns window, since there is no more in this version. I downloaded an ID-Extra script to try to fix this problem, but I still haven’t managed to fix it, could someone please help me? I’m a little desperate ...

Thank you very much in advance.

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

I see. I think the problem may be that the text frame on your master page needs to be a Primary Text Frame. Then the columns will reflow when you change the number of columns. 

You can convert the text frame on the master page by clicking the little page icon on the upper right corner of the frame. 

DianeBurns_0-1627920592109.png

It will then look like this:

DianeBurns_1-1627920799948.png

But you may have to reflow your text, please check. Then, after that, changes you make to columns will reflow the text. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the Essentials Workspace.

Screenshot 2021-08-01 at 20.38.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Derek's reply, you'll also find similar controls on the File men > Adjust layout.

DianeBurns_0-1627849947008.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem that I have is that when I wanna divide the text into more than one columns (two, three...), the process is not done as you can see in the screenshot... 

Captura de pantalla 2021-08-01 a las 22.38.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see. I think the problem may be that the text frame on your master page needs to be a Primary Text Frame. Then the columns will reflow when you change the number of columns. 

You can convert the text frame on the master page by clicking the little page icon on the upper right corner of the frame. 

DianeBurns_0-1627920592109.png

It will then look like this:

DianeBurns_1-1627920799948.png

But you may have to reflow your text, please check. Then, after that, changes you make to columns will reflow the text. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines