Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem: exporting png or jpg gives me not aliasing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm trying to export png - social media banner. Quality is maximum, ppi is 72 and antialias is checked from options. Despite this in final png text is w/o antialias and very ruff on edges.

Here a gif attached - what it is and what it should suppose to be.

How can I fix this?

noantialias.gif

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way to fix this:
Export to PDF, open the PDF in PhotoShop and export from that to PNG.

You may use the legacy export for web feature with previewing the output.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a fix - just a workaround 🙂

For time being I'm exporting png as 600 ppi and using Photoshop droplet to resize 4500 pixel wide photo to 1080 pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the (MUSIC text set in InDesign or is it a placed image? The GIF you attached is only 290px in width, is that the final dimension or should it be 1080px?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text in InDesign. That gif is just a cropped piece and part of the bigger picture (but I naturally do not want show the whole page) showing the problem 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I get from CC2020:

Screen Shot 42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you may have discovered a new bug with InDesign.

Could you provide a sample document?

Put it on Dropbox or a similar service and share the download link.

Plus a screenshot of the export preferences for PNG and/or JPEG.

And: Do you export a selected element or a page?

( Could make a difference as well. )

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

• OS & version of InDesign
  • Is the issue related to a specific document or all? Are you able to replicate this in a new document?
  • Could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does resetting InDesign Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and InDesign will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved!

I started another design and didn't face the same problem. So I figured that something in that 1st file is causing this. First I checked all photos and elements deleting them one be one... and finally got to one png file (was outside of my canvas and it took a while to find it (narrowing files from links) and by removing it, everything got better. I did flatten png in PS and saved it and vola! - suddenly everything works with that png.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines