• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem generating index in InDesign error: One or more index entries contain invalid characters.

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem generating index in InDesign. All words are defined in Word and imported into InDesign. I get the message: One og more index entries contain invalid characters. I've gone throug all the words but can't find any invalid characters. Has anyone have run into rhat problem?

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Hi @perd91387701,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the delay in response. I found this link online reporting a similar issue: https://www.bookdesignmadesimple.com/error-importing-word-index-indesign/.

Please try the steps suggested and let us know if that helps.

I am also keeping the discussion open for our experts who might have more suggestions for you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @perd91387701,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the delay in response. I found this link online reporting a similar issue: https://www.bookdesignmadesimple.com/error-importing-word-index-indesign/.

Please try the steps suggested and let us know if that helps.

I am also keeping the discussion open for our experts who might have more suggestions for you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply. It was a bit complicated and I did'nt have time to solve it at the time. But it seemes to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines