We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
I want to make a calendarium for a wall calendar with name days in Polish. I think I do everything correctly, I've tried with different settings on versions 2020 and the latest 2019 but still the calendarium is missing some of the name days which are present in the "Polish_imieniny.holidays" file but InDesign seems not to see them. I think it might be because of the Polish characters but I've seen some Polish tutorials from 2-6 years ago where it worked.
Copy link to clipboard
Hm. The file "what InDesign sees" is quite clearly different from the file "what's in the file". One of the two is not what you think it is.
And I bet it's the one that you opened in Notepad, because the 1 Jan entry is missing but it is present in the Wizard of Cal's "Manage" preview and in the calender you created with it. So it doesn't have anything to do with Polish characters at all.
Check the full path of that file that you are editing in Notepad. If you cannot find what's wrong there, then copy everything from the Notepad file and paste it directly in the Manage Holidays' editor. That should do the trick.
The 1 Jan entry isn't present in the Wizard of Cal's "Manage" preview, it's only present in the file I had opened in Notepad. So why only the entries with Polish characters are missing?
I've already checked it and also tried to copy it and paste into the "Manage" preview but it loses it's formatting and I don't want to place "enter" everywhere it's missing.
Then Notepad may be the cause of your problems. Try another ('any other'!), real programmers' Editor. Even Adobe's (poor, suffering) ESTK might suffice – but if you have something like BBEdit, TextWrangler, or Sublime Text, try with that. Problem #1 was encoding the special non-ASCII characters, and your new problem #2 is now that line feeds must be recognized by the edit field.
It should even be possible to copy your text out of InDesign and paste right into the edit field. I've done that going both ways lots of times, and not a single accent ever got misplaced.
I've tried using GitHub's Atom but the effect is the same as with Notepad.
OK, you were right, the file I had been opening in Notepad wasn't the file that InDesign used to do the operation. I've opened the file in the InDesign's scripts folder whereas the file used by InDesign was in AppData folder. I've copied the text from the file I had been opening in Notepad and changed the coding of the file and now it works. Thank you.