• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with export pdf function

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi every body, i have sometime (but not every time ) a problem on result to export pdf

main source is great, result have square...

and if i repeat my script it become ok (attached picture)

function exporttopdf() {
  var myDocument = app.activeDocument; //Or set it with or replace it with the document object you might have
  //if (myResult == true){
  for (var myCounter = 0; myCounter < myDocument.spreads.length; myCounter++) {
    myDocument.spreads.item(myCounter).pageTransitionType =
      PageTransitionTypeOptions.wipeTransition;
    myDocument.spreads.item(myCounter).pageTransitionDirection =
      PageTransitionDirectionOptions.down;
    myDocument.spreads.item(myCounter).pageTransitionDuration =
      PageTransitionDurationOptions.medium;
  }
  app.interactivePDFExportPreferences.flipPages = true;
  app.interactivePDFExportPreferences.flipPagesSpeed = 5;
  app.interactivePDFExportPreferences.openInFullScreen = false;
  app.interactivePDFExportPreferences.interactivePDFInteractiveElementsOption =
    InteractivePDFInteractiveElementsOptions.includeAllMedia;
  var docName = myDocument.name.replace(/\.[^\.]+$/, "");
  var outputFolder = Folder(myDocument.filePath);
  var newFile = File(decodeURI(outputFolder) + "/" + docName + ".pdf");
  myDocument.exportFile(ExportFormat.interactivePDF, newFile, false); //Change the file path and file name as needed
  // }
}

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When code is executing we can have situations where the UI is not updated promplty in sync with the code. So in your case it is very much possible that the update call was fired and it did work but the UI is not updated to show a change in the status icon. As soon as you stop the script InDesign gets some idle time and hece refreshes the link. So relying on the UI refresh is not a reliable test to know if the code worked or not. You need to test the results and then conclude if the code is working or not.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

understand i continue to do my test folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wouhouuu i m happy, i do a local file...... and it not work....

that eliminate accent and network.. now i can share with you this folder ^^

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/afw1vrmu989kdc7/AABtLOI-bZtGOcXbv9lW6M5ea?dl=0

my script is not yet cleaned, this morning i add  lot of time update function, for check if it help or not,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wouhouuu i m happy, i do a local file...... and it not work....

By @laurence roussel12011930

That's an important piece of info and you see why now I told you not to rush. Now you know editing accents wouldn't have been of any help.

Now next step is to know if indd linked files are the issue. So you need to use, if not already, standard link files such as jpg, pdf, what you want. And process your script. Because we don't know at this stage if the process of updating indd links may be the source of your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i will disconnect this one in first

Assemblage_fond_couleur_filigrane - Copie (2)

i feel the problem from it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have understand than all file linked with .doc are updated (method relink())

but all file  indd link with other .indd are not updated method update()

remove Assemblage_fond_couleur_filigrane - Copie (2) = no change

if someone want test to his side, the folder have only few link to relink to your site

updated into shared folder  a folder without accent, same problem

updated, 1 file =1link same probleme only from Assemblage_fond_couleur_filigrane - Copie (2) (will chek level)

last test: if i have over 4level link, the fourth level and over are updated and saved, but 1/2/3 is not

if under 4 level it work

it s strange, i don t understand the relation with level recursion and update() function.

other test

0                  1                    2                      3                4 

main file-> 1 indd link -> 1 indd link+ 1 psd link->1 indd link  = not work  0/1 is not updated

main file-> 1 indd link -> 1 indd link->1 indd link  + 1indd link  + 1 psd link= not work  0 is not updated but under it s updated and saved

main file-> 1 indd link -> 1 indd link->1 indd link  + 1 psd link -> 1indd link + 1 link .doc modified= nothing is updated

main file-> 1 indd link -> 1 indd link->1 indd link  ->1indd link ->1 indd link -> 1 link .doc modified= nothing is updated

main file-> 1 indd link -> 1 indd link->1 indd link -> 1 .doc link = all is updated and saved

sorry will all test i m lost...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can offer some clues to your original question in the other thread.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/what-is-difference-between-everyitem-update-upda...

The reason why the links are still modified after the script is run is because somehow (internal_link[k].relink(internal_link[k].linkResourceURI);?) the script went into the "assemblage" folder and modified and saved these two files in the background:
    Assemblage_fond_couleur_filigrane - Copie (2).indd
    assemblage citron.indd
Since these two files are nested two level down from the catalogue.indd, all indd files above these two now have outdated links when you open the catalogue, ft100, and fiche produit files again.

Now this only happens with the files inside "test 1 file 1 link" folder and not with the "test" and "test without accent" folders. If you run the script on the "test without accent", and then either "test" or "test without accent", the script finishes differently. With the "test 1 file 1 link"  > "fini !". With the other 2 folders, it throws errors > 155 => User canceled this action. What this tells me is that the script encountered different set of conditions, in this case, single vs multiple links. So one of the if, then, else statement is causing this behavior. What you need to do is to stop the script from recursively going to "assemblage" folder and modifying those two files and check your if statements or simplify them. I don't know enough about your usage scenario and extendscript to troubleshoot this script, i am sure others here can help you with that. Please tell us what is your goals. 

You must have good reasons to use nested indesign files, but if possible, you should wean off it. 

Accent might not be a problem but i would not use parenthesis in file name. I would delete it in
   Assemblage_fond_couleur_filigrane - Copie (2).indd
for example, in MacOs, the OS will allow characters such as parenthesis, apostrophe in folder name, but script will throw an error when accessing files in folders named with these characters.
Lastly i did this tests in MacOs. So your mileage might varies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-09 at 20.36.42.jpegabout () in the name, it s only into the test file, i have not verify after copy past

about the problem i have maybe find, if you have test, that mean you have check the script, and thanks

i will draw a picture and tell me if i m right or wrong

about nested file, it s my architecture, all my file are nested, for automatisation, and commun file or common style

look picture attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try looking at the update links. I'm not a scripter, but I believe it will be related, because the script batch converter also makes these errors for me, and that's why I can't use it, because the resulting pdfs are not always 100% correct.

And I think that's why:
All the links are fine and they are in several documents that are in the book.
If you turn off "check links before document open" in the preferences the exported pdfs are often wrong. If it's on, the resulting pdfs are fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it s activate for me

but during script i ask no interaction level

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

please someone can help me???

we have clean and read read read the code, we don t understand why everyitem().update() not work correctly

we are out of network (sample into the link)

we work on indd 2022

all is ok

try to modify colour of text into ingredient.doc,and modify citron.ai

and look the result, and open file, no file are updated....

2 programmer have help me, and don t understand, it s too specific error at the api...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines