• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with image auto-cropping in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue when importing an image into InDesign. My original image file is a certain size (round) but when I place it into an InDesign document it automatically crops the round image smaller.

See below for photoshop image compared to what it looks like when imported into an InDesign document.

Photoshop file (yellow house is there):

PLW_Holland Logo_05_20_V 4.jpg

When placed into InDesign document (about 5mm has disapeared):

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 10.43.35 am.png

I have tried saving the photshop file as a jpeg and tiff but this does not seem to help.

I have made sure that my bounding box is infact square (and not round) so this is not the problem. I am also completly confused because when I direct select the image inside the bounding box and hold down to reveal the rest of the image it shows that that missing 5mm of my image is there (see image below). BUT when I go to resize the image in the bounding box it is still missing that 5mm of my image. PLEAE HELP!

Showing 5mm is thereShowing 5mm is there

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it's not a content aware problem, there is a setting in preferences to switch it off i presume you have turned it off. I will move this to the InDesign forum for better support

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to look at your file. Post to dropbox and share a link.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan,

Yes I tried all of that before posting my issue. I went into preferences and the button was aready unchecked, so there was no need to uncheck it. Thanks for transfering it to the InDesign forum. Does this mean I will have to find it omewhere else to see the responses??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Natlie,

The post is now at the correct place, you don't need to do anything on your part but wait for the appropriate response to your query right where you are reading this. As Barb mentioned can you send us the sample file to have a look, upload it on Dropbox or similiar service and post the public access URL here

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Fit Content Proportionately button on the Control panel.

~Barb 

example1.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb,

Thaks for your feedback. I have tried all the content fitting options but non of them seem to work 😞 Do youhave ny other suggestions?

Nat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isnt a problem with the content box. The image box is doing its job and croping the image how is should. See image below.

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 2.53.04 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved by now. We'd appreciate if you can mark the most appropriate response correct. If you used any other method, we'd request sharing the solution with us. It'll help other users with similar concern.

If you still have issue, please let us know. We'll be happy to help.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Ashitosh,

Unfortunately I am still having the same issue. Are you able to help?

Natalie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines