Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Text in Indesign - Help

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

After I updated to the last version Im getting a problem with Indesign. Every time a open Indesign for the first time and click to edit a text the cursor will go to the spinning wheel and the computer stops for a few seconds.. After that all is fine.. Is there a fix for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I also have a similar issue where as soon as I go to edit any text box my InDesign freezes. Unfortunately for me no matter how long I wait it never un-freezes so this is a major issue obviously!!!

I have also just updated to the latest version of InDesign CC, until then the file I've been working on (huge book) has been very stable.

Adobe - please Help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josef,

try the following:

After starting up InDesign disable the Control panel ( in my German version this is "Steuerung" ).

Using the new Properties panel ( "Eigenschaften" ) seems to have no issue with freezing InDesign.

You'll find the Control panel under Windows > Control

FWIW: With my German version of InDesign CC 2019 14.0.0.130 I see a delay of about 10 to 14 seconds when switching the active tool to the Type tool when the Control panel is present. And I see this delay only once in a session.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the text part in abdo indesign is not working. i need your help. faiz

abdulwahab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines