• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems selecting things when using Apple Trackpad

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just started working on a new office computer (Mac Studio base option) with a Apple Trackpad 2 and Ventura. It has the latest versions of all the Adobe apps and I've noticed an issue in InDesign 2023. When I tap on something to select it there's a noticable delay before the object handles appear and the object moves a little. You can see in the attached video the delay and movement I'm talking about from when you see the screen recorder show the trackpad tap and when InDesign selects the object (around 0.5 seconds). I have to manually undo the small movement each time otherwise it keeps messing up my alignments!

Previous to this computer I was using a wireless mouse on InDesign 2022 running Monterey and it was fine.

Does anyone know if this is a trackpad issue, InDesign 2023 issue or Ventura issue?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JBatDEVLINK:

I'm using the trackpad, InDesign 2023 but still on Monterey and not having the issue. I can certainly see if it your video. Did you check your trackpad preferences? Is there something there you can tweak? Perhaps in the Point & Click tab?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry for the delay getting back to you.  Another user suggested booting in safemode and testing, which I did and it looked to fix the error (I was having it in Illustrator too). Then I booted the mac normaly again and the error stayed fixed?? It's happened a couple of times since, and a quick restart doesn't always fix it, however, a longer full shutdown and restart (over the weeked for example) does fix it??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue as well. I'll try the booting up in safemode trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow-up: after reading about similar issues people were having with the trackpad, I tried changing these settings: Preferences --> Interface --> Tool Tips: Normal and Preferences --> Interface --> Hand Tool: Moved slider to center (it was set all the way to the right). I'm not sure which setting it was, but the issue seems to have been resolved for me (for the time being).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After a bit longer, I found that while this helps, it doesn't solve the issue. I was having the problem every time I selected an object. It stopped happening everytime with this adjustment, but it was still happening. I ended up switching Tool Tips: None and Hand Tool: Better Performance. Now it's only happening about 1 out of 10 times. So it seems to be somehow related, but not a full fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines