• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems using Adobe Workfront Plug In when exporting from InDesign

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been exporting multiple InDesign files to pdf and then manually uploading into Workfront to proof throughout the company. Adobe Workfront has supplied a plug in for InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop that is supposed to allow us to upload directly from within the apps in order to shorten and streamline the process. Within Photoshop the plug in works fine when you are attaching additional jpg files. Withing InDesign, the files need converted to pdf or jpg in order to upload. The one open file converts to the selected format, but any additonal IND files added to the list do not convert, which causes the upload to fail since they are not all supported formats in Workfront.

Anyone else using this plug in who has been able to upload multiple IND files without opening each and every one? 

Mac OS 13.1, IND 18.1, and Workfront from the cloud.

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I have used InDesign since it began and teach the application, I had never heard of Adobe Workfront plug-in. A search indicated that it was part of the Adobe Experience Cloud but NOT Adobe Creative Cloud.

You should post your questions in whatever part of Adobe Experience Cloud allows you to do so because virtually no one here will be familiar with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: For those other InDesign users don't understand either, read this link:

https://business.adobe.com/blog/the-latest/adobe-completes-workfront-acquisition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve. I've also posted to the workfront community, thought I'd check in here as well in case anyone is using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that, and appreciate it. But keep in mind that 99.9% of people in this forum have never used your software plug-in. So you might next time keep that in mind, and give a line or two about what the plug-in is. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not worked in Workfront myself, and I wouldn't have known it existed if it didn't keep on showing up in the Links paths of files supplied by my clients (without Links folders, or the links themselves, of course! 🙂 ). 

Have you tried the old Workfront Extension for Illustrator and InDesign? Obsoleted and deprecated, but maybe worth a shot. 

Are you maybe talking about the Adobe Workfront for design and video plugin? Because I am looking for the plugin that you say supports PS, Indy, and Illy, and I'm not finding it anywhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Open Creative Cloud, click on stock & marketplace in the top menu, then plugins on the next menu line, and do a search for workfront. It should pop up with three plugins, workfront for XD, workfront for Photoshop and workfront for design and video.

Becky Pozna
Production Designer | [https://www.joann.com/on/demandware.static/-/Library-Sites-LibraryJoAnnShared/default/v40f6eff347acc...]
330.463.6892 office
330.805.1350 cell
[https://www.joann.com/on/demandware.static/-/Library-Sites-LibraryJoAnnShared/default/v40f6eff347acc...]
CONFIDENTIALITY/EMAIL NOTICE: The material in this transmission contains confidential and privileged information intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received this material in error and that any forwarding, copying, printing, distribution, use or disclosure of the material is strictly prohibited. If you have received this material in error, please (1) do not read it, (2) reply to the sender that you received the message in error, and (3) erase or destroy the material. Emails are not secure and can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by email. Thank you

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast, a leader in email security and cyber resilience. Mimecast integrates email defenses with brand protection, security awareness training, web security, compliance and other essential capabilities. Mimecast helps protect large and small organizations from malicious activity, human error and technology failure; and to lead the movement toward building a more resilient world. To find out more, visit our website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines