Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problems with digital publishing and page layout splits

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All - 

I'm running the InDesign 19.0 on a Macbook Pro running Sonoma 14.

I have two separate issues:

A)I make interactive decks and publish them digitally to the InDesign Dashboard.

With this latest update when I make changes and republish, images are completely missing.  All images in the doc themselves are linked.  I've previously stored my files in the Creative Cloud and it has worked.  But now I need to package my files and store them locally > then publish them digitally to get the images to appear and get functionality.  I'm hoping this is not going to be the case for everything moving forward.  Has anyone else noticed this issue, and if so, is it based on something I'm doing or need to check for in this latest update?

My second issue B) is I don't understand why my documents pages / spreads are spilit into columns.  See attached picture.  If I move pages from one doc to another, this happens.  why?  And can I merge them into one column.  I'm also unclear why they are labeled as "Android."

Thanks so much!

-G.

TOPICS
EPUB , Performance , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesigh is not fully compatible with Sonoma currently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the response but unsure what to do.  Do we know what a timeline is for a fix?  this is a huge mess for my business, especially re digital publishing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The InDesign Minimum Requirements page does not show Sonoma as a supported Operating System.

EugeneTyson_0-1699426423800.png

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/system-requirements.html#:~:text=Multicore%20Intel%20processor%2....

No idea on timelines.

You should revert your Sonoma back a version on Mac OS. 

At the moment, that's all I can suggest until it is compatible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem currently with images not displaying on publish online since yesterday. I tried to publish the same document on both ventura and catalina, and inDesign 19 and 18.2.1. The document was publishing fine before yesterday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

were you working on Sonoma first?  and to be clear, are you saying that when you downgraded OS, the problem still occurred?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't upgraded any machines to Sonoma yet. I tried it on Ventura first and then Catalina just to see if it made a difference (moved the files over to a different computer at work, we have some older macs on older software). I have made a post about my issue as well and a few others have cropped up since yesterday about broken images on the Online Publish feature. The most stand out to me is that I went to a back up I kept of my document that still had a working online publish link, when I tried to publish online again with the identical inDesign document it failed to display the images correctly on the new Online Publish link. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report bugs or make a feature request

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, didn't know about this. I've posted the problem there now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I switched back to InDesign 18.5. not sure if this is why, or if they fixed something with Adobe servers, but my projects started uploading properly again.  It's a bit slower on the interactive reaction time, but all my images were uploaded and everything is currently functioning properly (as of this moment).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines