• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with indesign (imagines and package)

New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with Indesign. With some documents that I create, when I then save them and close the program, when I go to open them again, the images are crashing, even though the links are correct.
Also I can't do packages and I get warnings which I've attached below.
Thanks a lot to anyone who can be of any help!1.png2.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from enterprise&teams>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Emma29926016xcok ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Check the image links. Make sure that the links to the images are correct and that the images are stored in the same location as the InDesign document. Ensure that you have proper read and write permissions for the folder where you're trying to save the packaged files. If you're working on a networked or shared drive, ensure you have the necessary permissions to access and modify files.

Let us know how it goes, we'll try our best to assist you.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the good suggestions given by @Rishabh_Tiwari, it's possible there is corruption in the files which are failing. You can see if this can be fixed by saving the file as an IDML file (File > Save As > InDesign CS4 or Later [IDML]. Open the created IDML file in InDesign and see if the problem(s) reoccur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We see quite a few similar reports from Mac users that turn out to be permissions issues...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your System (Mac or PC) and version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you work with dropbox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines