• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online Analytics non-functional

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to get the Publish Online Analytics to work.  I click on icon for it, but nothing happens.

Actaully, when I click on the trash can to delete something, nothing happens then, if that helps.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I'd love to view the stats on my publications.

Thanks,

Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same here. The little squares keep spinning like it's thinking, but nothing ever happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't happen normally. Try restoring your InDesign preferences as described below:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Steve, but it didn't change anything.This is what I see in the "Overview" tab:

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 2.38.08 PM.png

and this is what I see in the "Document Trends" tab:

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 2.38.19 PM.png

I click on the 3-bar icon on the left, but nothing happens.

You mean it actually *works* for you?  What platform and browser are you using?

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue, with the suggestion to open browser in incognito mode. This worked and allowed me to view the dashboard and analytics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeffery. How do you force InDesign to open the web window in Incognito mode or Private Viewing, as it says on my Firefox window.

Speaking of which, I'm on Mac with InD 2018.

Thanks.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tim, from your screen capture, it appears as though you can view/access the dashboard, but not the analytics.

My suggestion for private viewing or incognito mode was for not being able to access the dashboard at all. And, I don't think there is any way to force Indesign to open a new private window during the Publish Online process. You would to have open the private window first, then access dashboard URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, I have found analytics extremely slow to load of late. I finally opened the dashboard, then did something else for a few minutes. Finally, when I clicked the analytics icon, the data was there. Can you try just leaving it open for 5 mins or so, at least in the interest of troubleshooting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  I left it for over an hour and it looks just the same as the image that I posted above.

Does anyone from Adobe have a response?

What does it look like when it actually displays the results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... you might log out of the dashboard, then log back in.

Here are stats for my collection of Publish Online documents http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Analytics-092918-PubCollection.jpeg

Sorry I can't be more helpful, do try logging out of dashboard and refreshing. Hopefully someone from Adobe will respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screen shot, Diane.  It would be nice to be able to access the stats on my publication like you can.

I logged out of Adobe CC and logged back in.  Started InDesign and it's still the same. Nada.

Are you on Mac or PC?  Could *that* make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Mac, but that really shouldn't matter.

I meant to log out of your dashboard, here. Just guessing here at this point.log-out-dashboard.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Log out, log in. Still the same.

Thanks, though.  Nice to hear that someone is listening, even if it *isn't* Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm stumped. On my end, I just checked and the data loaded really quickly. Are you still getting a blank window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not blank... it's the same as above (from

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help, Adobe! I am having the same issue. I really need my analytics!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not access the Publication Analytics right now, so it most likely is a system issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting a similar delay here. At the bottom of the screen, it says: "Publication Analytics has a delay of approximately 90 minutes"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Steve. Hadn't noticed that before! 90 minutes seems pretty unreasonable. Hopefully there are developers that will address this? Would it help for users like myself to contact Adobe and report somehow, or is this forum sufficent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure the engineers are aware of it.

I went to a section in InDesign Prerelease for reporting issues and problems and that seems to be down as well so it seems to be a broader problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked Creative Cloud Status and that's showing all operational. So most of the outward-facing Creative Cloud Services are operational, but Publish Online is probably working on the servers in India where I think the prerelease is also based.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the delay is in when the data was refreshed rather than how long it ltakes to load. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would a particular browser make a difference (help)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just worked with Adobe today and the reason I couldn't get any functions on the dashboard to work was because our office network was blocking the website address. I have put in a ticket to our IT team to unblock the dashboard web address and it should be resolved. We found this out by connecting to my iPhone's hotspot and I could get to all the functions that way. YAY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great news!

Just to clarify, when you say your IT team had to "unblock the dashboard web address," do you mean the URL "https://indd.adobe.com/dashboard" or an IP address?

Might be useful for others to have specifics.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines