• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online Brochure embedded video no playing in chrome

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client is having problems with embedded videos in their online brochures. But it's only when they view them in Chrome browser.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/a5d537f5-269c-4f36-83fe-2c0a5a027902

Have there been any problems with this from anyone else?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is fascinating! I see the problem (for example, on page 6 and 7)… works fine in Safari, but not in Chrome.

But curiously, I think the problem isn't the video as much as the "play" button. That is, even in Chrome I find that I can drag the positioning slider through the movie. And also, when I load the page, I see the video appear and then it quickly disappears and shows up again… leading me to think that it's almost like 2 movies, one above the other, or something weird like that.

My guess is that if you created a Play button that played the video -- instead of relying on the audience to click the triangle/play icon on the video itself to play -- it would work okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm running into this issue now. I have a video set to autoplay but it's not auto-playing on Chrome. If I click to see another page, then come back to the page, it autoplays fine. Odd. Any solutions for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here, and it's now 2022. I do have videos on autoplay on every page of my documents. All of them autoplay fine in Chrome except for one which is larger (roughly 30MB vs 15MB for the other videos). So I would assume this is a file size issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J Chris Campbell  I find the videos seem to play fine on Chrome Mac Version 69.0.3497.100. Did you change something?

jayloteria can you provide link?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diane! Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, I'm unable to provide a link since it's an internal corporate document.

You may already know about this, but it looks like Google changed its autoplay policy back in April 2018. Here's a link providing some info regarding this: https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2017/09/autoplay-policy-changes. Firefox seems to work fine.

Also, Justin Putney offered an in5 solution that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines