• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online document not turning pages

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have uploaded a Publish Online document on Monday. Everything was ok, but yesterday my client told me that pages would not turn while viewing the magazine with Chrome on an Android phone—though it works fine on PC, Mac and iOS. I tried updating the document and uploading a new one, but it still won't work. I would appreciate anybody's help. Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Publish online , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without a link, nobody can really help, but it's entirely possible that on mobile devices you're going to have issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob! Here's the link: https://indd.adobe.com/view/06f058f5-272d-415c-8524-fc065255274e. And I am adding a screenshot of my client's phone with its OS info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publish Online doesn't really offer page flip. If you want that effect, use one of the many PDF third party apps such as Paperturn: https://www.paperturn.com/page-flip?medium=cpc&source=google&matchtype=p&keyword=pageturn&adgroupid=...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek. I am not looking for that effect, I just want the pages to change by swiping a finger over the screen as it has always been the case with previous editions. My customers could do that at the begining of the week, but now it is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I'm seeing on a Galaxy S21+ with Chrome. You can see the page turn icons on the bottom.

Screenshot_20211230-124658_Chrome.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. That disappears after a few seconds and no, you can't swipe. Again, this stuff is a crapshoot on mobile. Lots of better ways to handle this, to be honest.

Why not create a real website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure page turn is supported in Mobile. Where did you read otherwise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @cmordacci, your document works perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (Android). All pages swipe properly, and the transitions work fine. Loads fast and looks great! (ETA: using Chrome and Firefox.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jain! Thank you so much for your answer. Unfortunately, my client can't get it running on more than four Android phones using Chrome. I don't know what to say to them—I have tried not embedding the video on page 11, but it was useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that's too bad. At least you know it does work as intended for some users. It sounds as though this is going to be one of these cases where Publish Online doesn't work across all platforms and browsers when it comes to interactivity, especially on mobile devices. Hopefully this will be expanded to include more configurations soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the mobile - I wonder if it's possible to go to the Chrome three dots in the top right

Screenshot_20211231-095533_Chrome.jpg

I know it's not practical - and doesn't solve it - but if it works then it's an issue with the Chrome/Android or whatever ability to view a mobile site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Eugene! What is really weird is that the very same document worked fine at the beginning, and then when my client was about to release it to the public, it stopped working. Very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't know to be honest. It could be an update to chrome.

My s21 ultra had an update the other day, it could be that?

You can embed the publication in an iframe, it might work better. 

If you Google that you'll find the method to this. Quite easy really 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines