• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online Error 16 issue

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this problem mentioned in previous topics but it still seems to be an ongoing one: I have a fairly large ID file that can be succesfully Published Online - but only if the Enable Download button is disengaged and the Share File option is hidden, the exact opposites of what I need!

I WANT users to be able to download the file but I DON'T want them to see the Share button. As far as I can tell, the problem is entirely to do with file size, because if I publish a small document, the download and share options work fine. Almost as frustrating is the fact that the uploading process goes all the way to 99%, then hangs until I eventually get an error 16 message asking me to try again - and no matter how many times I try, it still doesn't work!

Is there a solution to this or any way to get around it?

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @petern61263654,

Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for reaching out. Would you mind checking the below points and letting us know if that works?

• Is there a video in your document? Even if you've published docs of this size before, if you have video, you might try downsampling with Handbrake or another utility; the error you posted would indeed seem to be related to file size. Also, I suppose you could do a "Save As" and save as same filename. This will almost always decrease your ID file size, sometimes by quite a bit.
  • Do you have the option set for the reader to download a PDF? If so, please try turning it off and trying to publish again.

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Harshika. There are no videos in the PDF - it is mostly images.

As I tried to explain in my post, I can upload the document to Publish Online if the Download option is Off, but I need it to be On to make it downloadable.

I have tried doing a Save As - no difference. I have even tried reducing the resolution to 72dpi and it still doesn't work.

If the document can't be uploaded with the download option on, what is the point of having it on the menu? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying the steps suggested. Is it possible for you to share the file with me over a private message so that we can check on our end? If yes, please upload the file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me.

Please also share the version of InDesign and the details of your operating system.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Harshika. I have sent you a pm with a link to the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing the zipped file. I appreciate your collaboration. I have escalated the file to the product team for investigation. We will share the updates with you as soon as I hear back from them.

We will try our best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines