• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online | Extremely slow | InDesign 17.4

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, since a couple of days loading of our published documents is extremely slow. Has anybody else experienced this and, if so, is this an Adobe server issue? Maintenance? Docs that were previously loading in a sec now take almost ten to half a minute to load... Fingers crossed this is temporarily and quickly resolved.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Performance , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Hi All, 

The fix has been deployed and the issue stands resolved, as confirmed by multiple community members. Feel free to create a new thread if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 352 Replies 352
Participant ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a bunch of MP4's (not gifs) that were loading fast / smoothly just now and...

....and now that's stopped again.

Perhaps it's that PO can only work if only one person on earth uses it at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nickb41910191 @tomb49116655 @Pelican25272736ahqp 

Could you please share the links with GIFs loading slowly?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rishabh_Tiwari it's not just the gifs running slowly, it's the pages themselves - it's graphic elements, entire pages, entire documents simply not loading at all. I've cleared my cache, cleared my cookies and reset my indesign preferences, nothing is making any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Unfortuantely no improvement. Still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the weirdist thing, having cleared cache etc some of the movies buffer/play normally and some are the same as before.

I can't think of how that might happen since they're all encoded at the same bitrate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the document I have uploaded is working fine. There are approximately 10 videos in it, lots of moving text and a couple of sound files. It has actually been working for a day or so.  I went through the whole thing and massively optimised all the video down to the last kb. Is everyone else doing the same? We had to have this out as its part of the UK COVID inquiry and the panel needed to see it yesterday, there was no way I could wait any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of mine are loading well, and were all fine before this happened, and none of my gifs are over 4 meg and no more than 2 a page on a very fast fiber connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working. Appears to be going backwards. Just had a client have an absolute embarssment of a pitch meeting trying to present the document. When they asked why I directed them to this thread. To which they replied why are we still using adobe then! I don't really have an answer for that apart from Indesign will no longer be the standard for pitch documents and treatments which is ludicrous but I suppose that's where we're at. Saves me a good chunk of money each month. The fact this issue isn't even displayed on your Adobe System status is also concerning and shows it's not being taken all that seriously.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had 2 clients with 2 separate treatments that wouldn't work just before a presentation.. managed to get them downloadable epubs which saved it but it's a joke this isn't being taken more seriously with our whole industry relying on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @nickb41910191 I never thought of the epubs solution - first I heard on here but just tested it and that means the GIFS work which is a great work around for the time being. Do you know what software can open the epub? Just thinking so it's easy for the clients to send on and doesn't require any special software but this will probably be the solution going forward for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I may ask, how did your clients view the epub files in a presentation
format?

Did you use a dedicated epub reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple books is the default on the mac... everyone is on apple and it seems to work very nicely in that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nick - yes works a charm on Apple books. I suppose there's something comparable if it ends up on a windows system. Epubs is the way forward then! Thanks for the solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries.. glad it's helped someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to like this comment but its not really likeable is it? Absolute embarrassment for you.

Have you been really lean with the files you've used, I mean properly resized the aspect ratio and optimised the file sizes down and compressed as much as possible? We did that with ours, I mean right on the edge of the quality window and it made a big difference to the load time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reduced my Gif's down to an absolute max of 2mb each and they still won't run. this isn't an issue of assetts not being compressed enough, it's a server problem. I've even heard on the grapevine that some of adobe's servers were wiped out in the storms in florida so it may even be an actual physical server issue. there's no need to be rude to others on a thread like this, we're all just trying to get our jobs done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may have misread what he's saying, or rather, misconstrued what he meant, don't think he was being rude (other than to adobe).

Interesting about the possible infrastructure hit from Ian. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've completely misunderstood me! How do I like a comment that's so damning towards Adobe?! And your client's pitch is embarrassing for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rishabh_Tiwari, looks like some of it loads quicker, but some pages containing videos are still very, very slow.
Please see the following example and go to page 9, the video just doesn't load for minutes and it worked good when I uploaded it...
https://indd.adobe.com/view/9afb1001-a75b-4f45-a45b-36bcaf94aebd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great illustration of the problem. With a clear cache, i can't get any of your pages to open.. seems even worse than mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't even noticed that... Indeed, with a cleared cash it's even worse. @Rishabh_Tiwari 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@StudioFerz  Engineering team & I checked this link, and it worked fine on our end. Could you please check it in incognito mode once?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked it... doesn't load one page on a 300meg connection in incognito mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @Rishabh_Tiwari here's the link to my presentation - https://indd.adobe.com/view/a71def53-3c6e-4c93-a011-99d71725ac41

i tried it in an incognito window and still no joy. the first page loads ok but from then on it gets very buggy and laggy no matter how i try to open it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tomb,
That’s really slooooooooooooow

No good for clients

How does this load for you
https://indd.adobe.com/view/fe339d60-9c60-4235-822c-43289c1d07ef

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines