Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online in InDesign

Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Publish Online, you can publish a digital version of an InDesign document that works on any device, in any modern web browser, without the need to install a plug-in.  

You can follow these simple steps to publish your InDesign document:  

1. Open the File menu > Publish Online  

clipboard_image_0.png

1. Enter the details and click Publish:  

clipboard_image_1.png

Use the "Publish Online Dashboard" to manage your published documents. 

Check this help article for more details: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/publish-online.html 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And check out these examples of beautifully-designed interactive documents created with InDesign and Publish Online: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome Diane!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version you are using is not the same version that is available on Adobe Cloud. Although AC lists InDesign 2019, the version does not have any templates or tools that your version of InDesign has. Why is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure, @mafulco, that I understand your question.

If you are referrring to the examples of Publish Online projects that I posted, these are all original designs by various designers, using InDesign. No templates. The tools are standard InDesign tools, as found on the CC version. 

Perhaps you could clarify?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, I got it later. Us newbies have to be told that in order to bring up the workspace you must use the "Essentials" drop-down menu to see the tools, et al. Otherwise you will be stuck wondering why there are no tools when you open the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, I got it later. Us newbies have to be told that in order to bring up the workspace you must use the "Essentials" drop-down menu to see the tools, et al. Otherwise you will be stuck wondering why there are no tools when you open the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to start publishing online, but I would like to add the Google tracking ID to the InDesign document. I do not see where to input that. Can you please advise? Thaks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of any way to do this. Publish Online provides it's own analytics, which can be accessed via File menu > Publish Online Dashboard. See "Using the Publish Online Dashboard" here: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/publish-online.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think you're right.

I'm testing it out and finding that outwardbound links are active, but not internal ones, linking pages. Any ideas about that too? Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandra,

I am afraid, this is not an available feature at the moment. You can use the Publish Online Dashboard, as suggested by Diane. Feel free to submit this as a feature request here: https://indesign.uservoice.com.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, are you referencing The Google tracking or the internal links query?:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant Google tracking within InDesign document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any thoughts on the link problem? I'm finding others may not be working either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to create hyperlinks with the destination set to another page. Please check the screenshot of the Hyperlink settings panel below: 

Screenshot_3.png

I created and published a sample document that has a link on the first page (green box). Clicking on it would take you to the fourth page. Here's the link of the document: https://indd.adobe.com/view/9883c4ab-17b1-4fbd-a4e1-8e974ae7425f

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to link text, not a shape, but that made me think to link the text BOX not highlighted text -- surprisingly it didn't work. Or rather, it's tempermental -- it works in one instance, though only if I click on a certain area of the box. In another, it doesn't work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! figured it out! If you have a frame around it -- rather a frame on TOP of it, the link won't work. So I pushed the frames to the back. It works!  So am happy with it now, and especially how it looks on tablet. But it's a bit wonky on the phone. kind of floats all over the place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I like this interactive template best It really takes the Indesign interactive capabilities to next level. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines