• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online - Multiple Users and Updating Published Docs

Explorer ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like some clarification on workflow and users when using Publish Online. I am an independent freelancer and have my own Adobe CC account. I have created an annual report for a client. It seems my options are:

A) Publish it using my Adobe CC account, which would mean my client couldn't update the file later on their own and I would need to keep my Adobe account active to keep the file live at the same link.

or

B) Set up the file on a shared system such a Dropbox so either of us can access the file and update it as needed, but have my client actually publish it on their end under their Adobe CC account. In the future either of us could make updates to the artwork but they would always have to be the one to push it live.

or

C) Sign in w/ their Adobe ID on my computer and publish the document for them. (I don't know if this is even allowed by Adobe? And I don't know that my client would want to share their user info anyway)

Is that correct?

Is there any other option for collaborating on a Publish Online document between multiple Adobe IDs?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Uwe is correct, those are your options.

It would be nice if multiple users could update the same document and publish.

Would you mind casting a quick vote for this feature on Adobe's User Voice? (This is the service the engineers and marketing folks really follow).

The feature has been requested by several others already:

Allow different users to update the same document on the publish online feature – Adobe InDesign Feedback

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EmPag ,

that's correct. All you wrote.

No other options for collaboration available currently.

Regards,
Uwe

PS: Hope, that someone can correct me on my last statement 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe is correct, those are your options.

It would be nice if multiple users could update the same document and publish.

Would you mind casting a quick vote for this feature on Adobe's User Voice? (This is the service the engineers and marketing folks really follow).

The feature has been requested by several others already:

Allow different users to update the same document on the publish online feature – Adobe InDesign Fee...

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thans Diane, for posting the link.

I already voted. A year ago perhaps…

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, do we know if this has been created yet? I have a new adobe account with work as my old email address subsciption had ran out... New email; New adobe subsciption; Same work.

I assume not 😞 I have over ten docs that I republish quarterly yet I cannot upload any with the previous links! 

Just updated Mac OS and creative cloud to the latest offered. 

Thanks in advance,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks, I voted!

Really hope some options for collaborators and publish online become available soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi - has there been any new updates regarding this? Working in a team, we need to have the functionality to be able to edit and republish documents published by another member within our business. If an online document needs updating that was published by a user who has left the business or is away on holiday, this poses a major problem for us. Especially where we are using QR codes and URLs shared with people to view. If we are all users with a Creative Cloud license provided by the business (so our email addresses will have the similar format) is this potentially something that can be developed so people from the same business can edit and publish shared InDesign documents? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines