• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online - Nav bar - sudden increase in size ruins my web app menu

Contributor ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if anyone else out there is building web-apps with Indesign's Publish Online, but if you are, maybe the sudden increase in the Adobe nav bar on their Publish Online interface has messed-up your app's layout and menu?  This is what's happened to my work, Adobe's sudden change in nav bar now means their pop-up bar at the bottom cuts off the bottom of my menu.

This isn't the first time Adobe have messed-up the interface, several months ago they added a margin all the way round Publish Online documents which thankfully they reversed once they realised that this was detrimental to client work.  I have said to Adobe that if they want to make the Publish Online document interface, they should give us designers the ability to select what we want via menu options at the Publish Online upload stage, it's us that pay the subscription after all - they should give us what 'we' want, not what 'they' think might be good.  The Publish Online document space is critical for web app creators, it's the one space that should not be messed with.  Does anyone else out there feel the same?

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I checked with our product team about this change in the thickness of the “navigation bar”, and they have confirmed this is an intended change as It's for better accessibility and bigger icons. Also, it will automatically go away in 5 sec, then it will only come on the screen tap. Having said that, you can always share your feedback with the Engineering team by posting a request here https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I checked with our product team about this change in the thickness of the “navigation bar”, and they have confirmed this is an intended change as It's for better accessibility and bigger icons. Also, it will automatically go away in 5 sec, then it will only come on the screen tap. Having said that, you can always share your feedback with the Engineering team by posting a request here https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Thanks for your reply, It's going to cost me at least a day of time to amend the mobile web apps where this Nav Bar cuts across.  Today a terrible change (if it is a change done by adobe software guys?) what has happened is that when I have a Publish Online document open and click the 'Add to Homescreen' in Safari, it swaps the doc url for the indd.adobe.com.  Why would this happen, it's an absolute disaster for my company - so we sell web apps and iOS is really important.  Not being able to save the web app to home screen will damage my business.  Is it that Adobe thinks it needs to get the Publish Online product out there, sacrificing their clients work for their own?

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're so sorry for the trouble. I have logged a bug for the issue, please stay tuned here https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/yet-another-adobe-disaster-to-my-business-effort...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines