• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online Video Looping

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at creating engaging online work, with a little help from In5, I am looking to include video, specifically video backgrounds. I'm part way there. Firstly, having got as far as I can on my own, I have set up an InDesign document that has a looped MP4 file placed into it which plays as hoped. Except for the fact that the only way to run the animation is to manually start it, I'd prefer that the movie starts on its own; secondly, when the movie loops, transitioning from the end back to the start causes it to stutter. Is there a way around this? The interaction works on top of all this going on, which is great, and the example is linked to below. If you need any further information as to how I got this far, please ask. Thanks in advance. 

https://indd.adobe.com/view/93e7217b-b10a-4e95-8af4-5b1955bb3248

TOPICS
How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say it's in5 but then you link to a Publish Online document. They are not the same. With in5 you can do way more than you can with Publish Online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using elements of the In5 extension in InDesign that I'm trying out to create the actual elements. InDesign won't do it on its own in terms of looping the video (it will only play it once). That's the extent I'm using it at right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not the point. Most of it only works for in5 output, not Publish Online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

While Bob's question is an important one, let's say for sake of argument you're going to use Publish Online. The sample you posted both plays automatically and loops back to the beginning. And I don't see a stutter. I did a test with my own video and by selecting the video, then setting both "Play on Page Load" and "Loop" in the Media panel, it started automatically and looped wihout incident.

Perhaps I'm missing your question?

And back to Bob's comments, if you're ultimately publishing this with In5, you'll probably get more direct support from Ajar. But you say you're just using some elements of the In5 plugin, what does that have to do with the video?

Thanks for clarifying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I wonder why it autoplays for you but not for me. In the InDesign timings panel, OnPageLoad is the event. Delay is 0s, but the loop option is greyed out, this is why I've used the In5 option. In the In5 Video Settings panel, Loop can be accessed and Autoplay is also checked. Upon page load, the first frame of the video is shown, put it won't play until it's started manually. After 10 seconds, it does loop as it should, although it stutters, even though the movie file is a seamless loop. It's not the end of the world, but it would be nice to know why I'm not seeing what you are. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto play of any multimedia could be browser-dependent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to clarify, I'm setting these things in the Media panel, not the Timing panel.

And your example loops and auto-plays when I view in Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines