• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Published Indesign document loads very slowly

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've published a document where some pages load very slowly. There are probably around 10 or so gifs within the document and the pages with gifs load slower, and the gifs play with a lot of lag.

Do the gifs need to be optimised to stop this happening? 

And if so what settings should I be using?

TOPICS
Performance , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the file sizes of the GIF files, and size in pixels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, they're 1920x1080 and 100+ Mbs. That's probably it isn't it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to be working far, far outside the expected properties of a GIF. Try using a video file format as a test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video exports are obv smaller and so the pages load quicker, but although I've set them to play on loop and play on page load in the Media options, they don't, and they still have the progress bar and buttons.

Ultimately I'm looking for moving images that I can use as textures to backgrounds, or as examples. So it looks a bit messy having anything that isn't the image itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you about publish online feature? We can't say here someting precize about this online feature from Adobe. Did you try to ask Adobe support directly about it?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines