• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

QR-Code Generator Problems with Umlauts in vCards

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the actual version of indesign (18.0) there is still an issue with internal generated vCard-QR-Code scanned by an iphone.

In germany there are special Characters called "Umlaute" (ü, ö, ä) or the "sharp s" (ß). If these characters are used in an vCard generated within the buildin function from indesign, they are replaced with other symbols on the iPhone QR-Code-Camera Reader.

I think this is only a Problem of the used vCard-Version. I think indesign uses Version 2.1 if you would just use Version 3.0 this issue does not appear.

please see attached one example

Kind regards from germany

Max

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Maximilian26695974o5xg,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the screenshots. We would like to know if you've started observing the issue on ID 18 or if it was in the previous version of InDesign, like ID 17.4.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA.

no it is an older bug, maybe since the first implementation of the QR-Code-Generator in indesign.

I reported this bug also to the Adobe Care-Team in 2020 and Version 16 and they said I should open a ticket at indesign.uservoice.com 
Wich I also did two years ago: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/41767447-qr-code-genera...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have problems with special characters in vCard QR Codes generated with indesign (version 18.3). I don't understand why indesign still uses vCard Version 2.1 to generate QR Codes. vCard Version 3.0 with manual selection of encoding type could fix the issue with special characters. And vCard Version 4.0 only accept utf-8 encoding, that would fix the issues as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines