Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

QR Code - Set Error Correction

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm batch creating QR Codes via Data Merge and the built in QR generator in InDesign. I'm wanting to put a logo over the center of the QR code as is common, but the error correction is too low and sometimes this makes the code unreadable.

I have checked the QR works with no logo, and it works with high error correction rate and a logo when generateing and saving a QR elsewhere, but that's not helpful for batch processing. I was also gutted to find ID can't Data Merge images from the web - ie using a URL to chart.googleapis.com with the QR specs to generate and having ID use that imgae.

I've hunted around but can't find anything about setting the error correction level. Is this possible, or does anyone have a work around?

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only work around i would see, is to create the QR codes with Logos online, download them and then, import via Data Merge. With mac or Win you will need different Links to place the images in your INDD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, sadly thats the conclusion I got to as well. I've got a python script to download but it's a mild inconvience to add this step when setting a QR code error correction level...

Thanks for your response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try adding the logo to the lower right corner of the QR code? That worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines