question about paragraph rules

Enthusiast ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please see this screenshot :

paragraph rule.jpg

I have set only the upper paragraph rule, so the upper paragraph rule displays at the top and I have no bottom paragraph rule. But then, if I click at the bottom of the text and make several times the return key, it appears several bottom paragraph rule. Why ?

If I press on return key at the bottom I would like to see no bottom paragraph rule.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never use multiple paragraph returns to get space. NEVER. It will avoid you to get this kind of issues. Use space after or space before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I understand now.

I have also tried to make a paragraph rule (upper and bottom) for the two parapgraphs here :

rules.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried to make a paragraph rule (upper and bottom) for the two parapgraphs here :

And what is your question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the case of my last screenshot, in the first paragraph with upper/bottom rule : at the bottom of this paragraph, before the bottom rule, how to add space ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here:

Capture d’écran 2022-03-31 à 11.10.28.jpg

Since the rule below will move down, don't forget to add a space after this paragraph. And if you want to apply these settings to other paragraphs, create paragraph styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I succeeded to do it :

screenshot0005.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines