• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick Number List Question/Problem

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm learning InDesign and I've created a simple but lengthy numbered list of questions. I did not do this under paragraph styles as I'm trying to learn the basics of the number list command combined with linked text boxes first. I've run into a strange issue when I hit question #100. Suddenly the space between the number and the text has increased and continues this way until question #110 where it reverts back to normal settings. There's also an odd numbered question in that series that is not experiencing this gap. I've reviewed all the settings I know to review and do not see any diffference between these questions and the rest. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to resolve this? 

MattShaw_0-1647351454617.png

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I can help here.

The issue comes from the space your numbering takes up on the page. 10x will take up room for nearly three digits worth of space, where 11x, because the number 1 is narrower than other digits, takes up roughly the same as two full digits (e.g. 78, 99, 24, etc.). I'd just about bet you that if you get to 12x, you'll have the same problem you're having with your 10x numbering.

The solution is to expand the space between your Left and First-Line Left paragraph indents. Expand that 5mm/.2 inches and I'll bet your problem disappears ... but you will have a larger space between your numbering and each number's related paragraph(s). You may have to further adjust to find the happy spot for your paragraph numbering.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for both the explanation and the tweaking advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines