• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Apply italics" always chooses Light italic instead of [currect weight] Italic

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first time I run into this, but I have used copies of this document (and styles) in 2 other documents.

I use Open Sans (has multiple weights and styles). I also have several character styles, including "Main body text" that I use for most of my text (Open Sans regular).

In my previous copies, using "apply italic" changed it to [current weight]+italic.

In this document, it always changes to Light italic. I'm not sure why, or what I changed.

Any help?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

The problem fixed itself by updating ID to latest version.

However, for the future: Is there no way to edit the font to fix the association tables?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Sans is a problematic font. There have been no ends of reports of issues with it on this forum.

The designers didn't assign proper style flags internally so Open Sans Italic has the same Style name as Opens Sans Light Italic.

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 10.49.18 PM.png

For the Light Italic, it should say "Light Italic". So with both given the same Style name, Your ID is finding the first "Italic" it finds, and it's not necessarily the correct one. I just did a test with it myself and when I applied Italic style, I got Extra Bold Italic instead!!

Bad font design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem fixed itself by updating ID to latest version.

However, for the future: Is there no way to edit the font to fix the association tables?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

User correct defined Paragraph & Character Styles. Do not use the B or I buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines