• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Save" function shows but doesn't open.

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have other users ever had the "save" function quit working completely? I have enough iDrive space to save the document. I'm on a Mac. This happened after InDesign wasn't loading properly. So I shut InDesign and reopened it. Now InDesign allows only "save as" not save. The "save" option shows up, which I click, but it responds with "save as", which shouldn't happen. I am hesitant to replace the whole document on a "save as" basis, when this shouldn't be happening anyway. Perhaps it indicates a glitch, that could cause other problems. I do see the previous changes. The "save as" document looks complete. But why should I even be asked to use "save as" when "save" is supposed to work. This is disconcerting when such a core, basic function, "save", is not able to open at all. I am going to shut down the whole Mac. Restart it and see what happens.

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Did you update InDesign? It is expected behavior for ID to want to do a Save As for any document saved from a previous version.

If not, see Reset InDesign Preferences and Other Troubleshooting 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update InDesign? It is expected behavior for ID to want to do a Save As for any document saved from a previous version.

If not, see Reset InDesign Preferences and Other Troubleshooting 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Troy,

what happens if you duplicate the InDesign document file to your Desktop?

Would it work to save it when you did some changes after you opened it?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, it was because I updated to a new version. That then required a "save as" the first time I saved. Thanks for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines