• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radical change to the Publish Online display window and non-functioning links

Contributor ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this 'here we go again' feeling, I've just encountered a major problem for my web-app business with Publish Online which is great when it works, but upon opening one of my client's web-apps, I discovered to my horror that there's now a gap all the way round the app, effectively shrinking the highly optimised layout to the point of ruining it on a smaller smart phone.

Also, again to my horror, links aren't functioning, as well as swiping being disabled!

What's really odd is that the same publish online document already open in my mobile from yesterday works fine and links are all OK?

TOPICS
EPUB , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nigey-LTA,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting the issue. It looks like you've contacted our support team directly, and the issue has already been escalated to the engineering team, and they are currently investigating it.

We will keep you posted with the updates.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This change to the Publish Online interface causes a mission critical issue
to my web-app business as a whole. This major change was made without any
consultation with your clients using creative cloud / indesign platform.

Please resolve is asap otherwise i may have to terminat my use of adobe
products for good

Nigel Jones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After hours of chatting, Adobe now admits it's made a major change to the Publish Online display layout, so where there wasn't a border, there's now a fat grey border - it effectively destroys the web app layout that I've been working on for 10 months.  The border shrinks the content - not really a problem on desktop, but on mobile it's absolutely critical.  What's amazed me is that Adobe makes this change without any consultation with businesses using the publish online feature, which for me is what my business is based around.
I've asked them to bring back the previous layout with no grey border, but also to provide the option for a border and also - to give designers the option to modify the grey background to a colour to suit their design.  For me the border layout issue is a deal breaker.  Let's hope they listen to the needs of paying customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines