• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rainbow Wheel InDesign 16.4 every 10 seconds

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a rainbow wheel about every other action, regarldess of document size. 2 page docs, 100 docs, I go to do anything and I get the rainbow wheel. Even mid action, multiple times a minute. It seems like it is backing up or getting stuck re-rendering all objects every time I move the cursor, and gets stuck. 

I have a Mac running Big Sur 11, and everything is up to date.  I have followed other threads and reset preferences. Nothing has helped. 

I have had a lot of issues since moving to Creative Cloud and it is now the worst it has been. I'm at my wits end. Its making it impossible for me to work. Is there actually customer support that can help me troubleshoot this? Any guidance is appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You *probably* need to reset preferences. Here is a comprehensive guide:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/reset-indesign-preferences-and-other-troubleshoo...

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>  Is there actually customer support that can help me troubleshoot this?

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

2021-09-09_13-26-05.png

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to resetting preferences, as Mike suggests, you might try signing out of your CC account and logging back in. This has been known to help in some cases. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi brandic21802055,

is TimeMachine running in the background and is the volume for the TimeMachine backup accessed via WLAN?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines