• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random bold lines on picture of table - bold lines shift when the image is moved

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have run into an issue where I paste an image of a table into my document, but many of the lines and text are shown as bold. When I was trying to troubleshoot the issue, I noticed that the bold feature would jump between different lines whenever I moved the image. I am using a table from Excel, where I use the "Copy as Picture", and then "Paste into" a field in InDesign. The high quality display settings are turned on. 

I had done this successfully once before, where the lines came in as expected, but that was on a different machine. When I tried to recreate the results from the other machine with the same image, I was faced with the issue described above when using the new machine. In finding that the bold lines shifted when the image was moved, I thought it might be some settings in InDesign.

I am very novice with InDesign as I had to teach myself to help carry some workload of my job, so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Why would you do this? If you don't want to format the table in InDesign, save the Excel table as a PDF and place that.

That out of the way, I think when you paste from Excel it uses a WMF format. There is a known bug with WMF in the latest 16.3 release. Adobe is aware of it and working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you do this? If you don't want to format the table in InDesign, save the Excel table as a PDF and place that.

That out of the way, I think when you paste from Excel it uses a WMF format. There is a known bug with WMF in the latest 16.3 release. Adobe is aware of it and working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply Bob,

I triedout your suggestion and it seemed to work fine. Like I said I'm very new to InDesign, and I am trying to set up a process for creating these documents for whoever will be working on them in the future. Initally the "Copy as Picture" feature seemed to work just fine for the process, as it was really quick, but with the recent issues I will need to make some adjustments.

Thank you again for your quick response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines