Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RE-INSTALLATION OF iNDESIGN CS ON A NEW COMPUTER

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

B"H

Good morning, is there anyone available to help me install an old indesign cs on a new computer? I mainly have two questions:
1) do i need to delete the installation on the old computer first, or can i verify that the new installation is successful?
2) When installing the old version on the new computer (Windows 10) do I have to set the compatibility for Windows xp or can I let the computer make the decision?
Thank you for the answer.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific version of CS? Some are now impossible, while others might install and just not work very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS do NOT uninstall from the old computer until you've replied and the details are known, you may regret it very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to upgrade to InDesign CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Few years ago I was have installed CS6, CC2014 and some other old CS together under Win10. This is not a problem to install and have it works with it. Some old publication better to do in old source version of ID by many reasons. 

Yes, I know - Adobe don't support this. But it works. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Box version was have activation, I don't sure that you can activate it now.

If you have TLP license (without activation, license and link to download on licensing.adobe.com under your account) then try it. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We at Adobe always recommend that you keep your apps up-to date for better performance and experience. You may Download older versions (CS5, CS5.5 and CS6) of Adobe apps  from your account. We no longer provide installers for Creative Suite 2, 3, and 4 installers. You may Learn more about it.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Test Screen Name suggested, do not uninstall from the other computer first in case you can cannot activate the new install.

If you can install the software and run it on your Windows 10 system, try setting the compatibility to Windows 7. You are allowed two concurrent activations (for the same user). If you go over that limit, it should ask you to deactivate. (I think back during the CS days, you had to deactivate all installations and then reactivate as needed--but it has been a while.)

I was just able to install ID CS6 (as part of the Master Suite) with my old serial number. Haven't done any serious work with it but it seems to run OK.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One of the biggest problems you will have is there are no updaters available from Adobe. I have CS6 running successfully on Windows 10, but after the initial installation I replaced the program files with the updated versions from my old machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines