• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

READ ONLY

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated InDesign to the 2023 version and since then every time I open a file it is READ ONLY.

I have to do "save as..." every time, changing the file name.

Thank you

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what is your question? 😉

But seriously, you need to tell us more - we are not mind readers. 

What platform, OS version, do you work locally or remotely - your files are stored on your local drive or on the network drive / cloud / VPN? 

There are more reports like yours and all of them are because people open files located not on their local drives. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for my bad question 🙂 

I work with Windows 10 Pro and all my files are stored on the company server.

I have the same problem also when I work from home via VPN connection.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And that's your problem - working remotely.

There are few other threads with the same problem - looks like the latest version of CC is extremely sensitive to how quickly it can access INDD files and when working not locally - it opens files as read-only or is sluggish.

Unfortunately, you need to change the way you work - copy your files from server - including fonts and links - to your local drive and work locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they truly read only or are you opening a file from a prior version of InDesign? If it's a prior version, forcing a save as is perfectly normal behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Bob. The way to test this is to create a new file in InDesign 2023, and try saving it. Open it again and see if the problem re-occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having the same problem at my company. One of our designers works remotely and is accessing files via a VPN to a NAS drive at work; she uses windows 10. Its intermittent. The same file can open fine one time then 'read only' the next time.

It didn't start happening until she updated to version 2023.

Came here hoping I'd see a fix, but based on the responses I've seen on the other posts similar to this it looks version 2023 is just touchier with slow networks than the previous edition. Oh well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Same issue here, and it's really problematic when you use the share & review features because I have to create a new published version each time because I had to create a new doc. It's awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update! Did a save as this AM and changed the file name, AND it carried over the review...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines