• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recommendation for InDesign Server with AWS cloud

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the publishing industry, our current publication solutions rely heavily on InDesign Server for automation especially generating a PDF page.

Moving forward we are exploring cloud computing for a better alternative option. Understand in AWS cloud, we could use Windows EC2 instance to install InDesign Server to work. But in terms of cost, we require to add an additional cost for operating server environment just to run this application to work.

I would like to check, what's the best practice to run InDesign server in the cloud especially in AWS and is there any plan for InDesign Server porting to Linux?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

did you end up figuring out the instance type? I am in the same boat and looking to see the best option for the dev server and production server? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @parik

Did you ever figure out what the best instance type is for IDS?
Would you say IDS would benefit more from Compute optimized instance types?

Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Team, Any update about this please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. You'll also require the other CC items. You can get a far better deal elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No. You'll also require the other CC items. You can get a far better deal elsewhere. I'm not sure how the auto-renew works; when I click on the link, it gives me $239.88 per year, so it looks like a normal price to me, but I'm assuming that's because it's not the daily bargain. If nothing else is indicated, I'd guess it renews at the same price, but you should examine the fine print on www.networklondon.co.uk. I'm unaware of any reported concerns, but I'm assuming you're using your Adobe account as usual. I'm sure Adobe's help center would swiftly resolve these concerns if in question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines