• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recovering files from InDesign CS3 version 5 - 2007

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my old InDesign documents won't open on Mac OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra). What do i need to do to recover them? Will they open if i install CS5 or 6? I have put ALL my creative writing in here!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try? What version of InDesign is installed?

Any properly saved and stored CS3 file should open in any version of InDesign from CS3 right up to InDesign 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually any and all documents from InDesign 1.0 will open with the latest version of InDesign!

The only known exception would be if your InDesign CS3 was actually a pre-release or a hacked version of the software in which case the file format would not be recognized by subsequent versions of InDesign! If that is the case, there is no recovery.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines