• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

recovering last saved document

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been working on a big document on indesign and i saved it many times while i was working on it. I then went away from my computer for 6 days and when i came back into my office my computer closed all my documents. I went to open my indesign file and it asked if i wanted to restore my file (I believe thats what it said), and it said yes, no, or cancel and it said to cancel if i wanted to do this at a later time. I was unaware of what it was talking about so I hit cancel. now everything i had worked on this project for the last two days i had been working on this are gone, it somehow has reverted back to when the computer was last turned off. i know for a fact that i had saved this file many times since. How do i get this fixed. it stated that if i hit cancel i could go back and do that at a later time. thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you didn’t turn off your machine when you left it is possible that InDesign crashed at some point and restarted. This is the message you get after a crash and automatic restart of InDesign. With cancelling that dialogue you also cancelled the restoration of the last unsaved states of documents. 

I would recommend saving regularly and backing up you files in short intervalls to avoid any data loss in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines