• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

regarding High Quality PRINT to PDF, - about images in placed in InDesing as RGB

Enthusiast ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought to hear from you regarding High Quality PRINT to PDF,  about images in RGB.
Example: You make a booklet in InDesign of 20 pages, and with a lot of images, and and some images are in RGB. And when you finish the layout and export this file to High Quality PRINT to PDF, - - I mean that InDesign converts all images to CMYK? Just thought to know, - because when we sent the file for printing, they say that most images are in RGB in the PDF file for printing.
I remember in the old days, with old versions of InDesign, then I always had to open all my RGB images in Photoshop and convert them to CMYK and then place these CMYK images into InDesign, - - but I don't think you need to do this anymore in the new versions of InDesign! - is that correct?
What PDF preset should you use so that all images are in CMYK when export it to a PDF file, which you can then send to the print house?

Thank you so much for help!!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, but a CMYK conversion doesn’t necessarily produce the expected color appearance. Your monitor profile has to be an accurate representation of your display, and the destination CMYK profile has to profile the printer’s press.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines