Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Regular and different lenght of lines in justified paragraph

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I need to set up a paragraph that allows long and short lines of 2 different but still regular lengths. It is not the classic left-hand alignment which always has an irregular profile. Here hyphenation is used and I think it is necessary to justify the text, to force break-lines and to have different measures of indentation (e.g. odd-numbered lines are as long as the text box, even-numbered lines are 5 mm shorter). With tabs it does not work because it is applied to the whole paragraph and if I insert spaces or special characters it is irregular anyway, because it always depends on the length of the individual words.

How can this be done without it being a totally manual setting?

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

If I understand correctly, you want an alternation of a long line and a shortest line? You can set up 2 different paragraph styles, with different right indents and use the next style feature (style 1 followed by style 2, style 2 followed by style 1). but it means that you need a hard return at the end of each line.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand correctly, you want an alternation of a long line and a shortest line? You can set up 2 different paragraph styles, with different right indents and use the next style feature (style 1 followed by style 2, style 2 followed by style 1). but it means that you need a hard return at the end of each line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically … as George and Jean could say: A script, what else! 

I mean: 1 click 😉

(^/)  The Jedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about small rectangles with Text Wrap, placed every 2nd line on the right of the text column? Small enough to affect only those text lines? Like half of a zipper. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeap! … Something like this:

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines