• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Relinking of files is either crashing or taking hours to complete

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am attempting to link and relink files into InDesign and the program is continuing to crash. The files are all below 2.5 MB and its happening to multiple files so I don't think its the files themselves. Is there a work around?? 

TOPICS
Import and export , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Olivia24721448scud ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Is this happening on the latest build of InDesign which is 17.3? If yes, please try the suggestions shared here https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/indesign-2022-crashing-when-placing-any-image-or... 

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What file type do you want to link/relink?
  2. What file type was the previous linked file?
  3. Where do you find the files? Locally, on a remote server or dropbox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you importing from a network? If so try downloading the images to your hard drive and then import them locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of files are you relinking? Are they the same files across multiple InDesign files?

Have you tried anything to resolve the issue? Have you tried resaving the files and relinking them?
Are you using cloud storage, dropbox, one drive or any other cloud storage system where the files are located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried resaving the PDF files multiple times - does not make a difference. I have tried saving the file as IDML format, but I am unable to open that saved file with InDesign crashing.  I have tried moving the files from my companies drive to my desktop - did not make a difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So the PDFs are not importing correctly.

Try Show Options when placing the PDF and toggling some of the options.

It might be the PDF were not saved with correct page information, such as Bleed/Trim/Crops

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines