• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remap page up/down keys

Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find the default action of PgUp/PgDn almost useless; it's not productive to jump to a partial view of the next page or spread. So I invariably use Alt-PgUp and -PgDn, at least when I remember to. I'd like to simplify the action.

I looked through the Keyboard Shortcut preferences but can't find the command equivalent to Alt-PgUp/Dn to reassign to PgUp and PgDn, to make that action the default.

What/where I am missing this?

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Edit menu > Keyboard Shortcuts. Create a new set. 

Go to the Layout menu area.

Find Next page. Assign Page Down (just put your cursor in the field and press that key) and click the "Assign" button. Do same for Previous page, assigning Page Up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit menu > Keyboard Shortcuts. Create a new set. 

Go to the Layout menu area.

Find Next page. Assign Page Down (just put your cursor in the field and press that key) and click the "Assign" button. Do same for Previous page, assigning Page Up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, gotcha... something I would not have expected. 🙂

It's actually Next Spread/Previous Spread that are assigned to Alt-PgUp/Dn by default. Remapping the base keys to those gave me the solution I wanted.

I was overlooking the Layout menu (not where I would expect these keys — Windows and View seemed a lot more sensible!), though, so thanks for the pointer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch on the next/prev spread. Glad it was helpful. The way I find where commands are is by clicking "Show Set" button in that Edit KBSC dialog. Puts up a text file that you can then search. Has come in handy many times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ooh, nice. I haven't done half as much customization on ID as I do on most of my tools, and I probably use it more than the rest put together. This little fix led to a note to remind me not to forget to remember to do some more tweaking. That list will be very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines