• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove and download InDesign again

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i have often the problem with InDesign when working with, it stucked for a moment, the Mac beachball turning all the time, after a moment i can continue my work. I asked Adobe to help me but they dont can find the solution. So i was thinking, maybe its better to remove InDesign en download it and reïnstall again. Sometimes this works fine on a smartphone to delete the app and install again. So maybe this work also well on the Mac? Can i delete Indesign from the Adobe Creative Cloud account and download and install again without problems?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In theory, yes.

You may want to run the cleaner tool, as well: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to solve installation problems but be sure to back up any you want to preserve first as the cleaner tool will remove them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks. Is this easy to use? And this tool has no any consequences for other Adobe apps which are installed on my Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It won't bother the other apps as long as you read the instructions and make the proper application selection.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Can i delete Indesign from the Adobe Creative Cloud account and download and install again without problems?"

Hi Rudi,

no issues with InDesign 2021 and 2022.

For earlier versions it is an issue.

The CC Desktop App is only supporting the last two main versions.

Currently all apps of CC 2021 and all apps of CC 2022.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, so maybe this issue is already started at the 2019/2020 version, thats why maybe better to install a fresh 2022 version i think

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines