• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove images from Links Panel - Book File

Explorer ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a book file with 26 chapter files. Many of the individual files' Links panel includes all imges for the entire book (~750 links). I saw a post where it suggests exporting to IDML, but that is not consistent. It has only worked on a couple files.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance in this challenge.

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Thank you for the suggestion. I did all of that, to no avail.

I went back to another post about this very issue where the user removed a root from the structure. I was originally not comfortable doing that since I was not familiar with it. However, desperate times, right? So I deleted what appeared to be an extra/nested root in the structure window and all of the images that did not belong to the file were removed from the links panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you post a question you always need to tell the program you are using
There are MANY programs in a full subscription, plus other non-subscription programs
Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about the trouble. To assist you better, would you mind telling us which Adobe app are you referring to? 

We're here to help, just need some info.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using InDesign, v17.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving from Creative Cloud service to Indesign board.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand what you want to afford?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of the individual files' Links panel includes all imges for the entire book (~750 links).

Hi @Liz G - CCT , If you open one of the chapters that lists all of the Book’s links, what happens when you click the Go To Link button at the bottom of the Links panel for a link you know is not in the chapter? The Layers panel’s fly out menu also has a Go to Link menu item. The expected behavior would be the link’s image gets selected. Also is there a page number associated with the link?

Screen Shot 17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on a file that is not in the chapter, the menu item is grayed-out.

when I click on an xml structure listed under it, clicking go to link does nothing. I made sure to close all window to see if anything may have opened behind another window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried trashing your Caches folder, and if that doesn’t work trashing your Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the suggestion. I did all of that, to no avail.

I went back to another post about this very issue where the user removed a root from the structure. I was originally not comfortable doing that since I was not familiar with it. However, desperate times, right? So I deleted what appeared to be an extra/nested root in the structure window and all of the images that did not belong to the file were removed from the links panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines