• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Indesign 2020 plugin

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to remove from all Indesign 2020 and 2019 files, the Cacidi PlugIn that I had installed, how should I do?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean to uninstall the plugins from your InDesign installation or remove the plugin data from the documents you created while this plugin was loaded.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both, the second more important!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to uninstall the plugin from InDesign the best choice would be to run the uninstaller program provided by the developer, but i suppose that this is not possible.

Then the alternative is to delete the plugin files

Browse to the Plug-Ins(see screenshot below) folder of your InDesign installation, and delete any file that seems to be shipped by Cacidi. The extension of these files would be .InDesignPlugin on a MAC and .pln on a WIN. On WIN you will also notice a folder with the (plugin name Resources) next to the plugin folder, delete those as well.

For removing the data from the InDesign files you can export the file to IDML and then resave it to INDD format if needed. I also have a plugin to do this, you can use a demo version of it for 7 days to cleanup your document.

https://github.com/Manan-Joshi/inexutils

Screenshot 2020-01-06 at 5.30.01 PM.png

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, I try it now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works! thanks, Alberto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks!

I had an .indd that had a plugin in that was not on my system, kept warning me everytime I opened it and wouldnt allow me to package the job.

Saving to idml, opening that and replacing the original .indd did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Easy fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines