Exit

Remove mouse-over Hyperlink text from PDF document

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i have a Problem. 

I want to export a catalog from InDesign as a PDF for the WEB, in which there are many hyperlinks. Now in the exported PDF at each mouseover sees the hyperlink text (https:website....). Is there a way that only the mouse pointer changes its appearance without displaying any text?

Many thanks in advance for the answer.

Best regards

Norman

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Import and export , Publish online , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you want it to? Why would you intentionally hide a URL?

It's a horrible idea. I would never consider clicking on anything without knowing where it's taking me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your fast response!

It is a product catalog, where practically the whole catalog is linked to the website and the store (where it is also available for download, or the customers who get it otherwise buy) and the visible links, at least that's what my boss thinks, interfere with the user experience and aesthetics. Besides, the competition has it the same way. But yes, it's a good point you made there. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the whole purpose of this is links for a web store, why are you doing it as a PDF? Why not just create a proper website?

This can't possibly be efficient and trying to view this stuff in a browser is going to make for a really bad experience if someone clicks on a link and gets a security warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have a Website incl a WebShop. We made over the last months a Print Version of the Catalog an now we want bring that as a pdf to our Costumers, as a WeTransfer Link, and to download on our Website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines